Tuesday, May 8, 2012

it never gets easier

Cayden was one week shy of his 2nd birthday before I left him overnight.  It was so difficult and it didn't help that I was going to be gone four out of five weeks.  We all made it through without too many emotional scars. 

Harper was almost 9 months old when I left her for the first time.  This time it wasn't for work and thanks to the wonders of technology, I was able to facetime with Daddy and see my babies every night.  It still ripped my heart out everytime I said good-night and wasn't able to hug and kiss them like crazy. 

Now, I have to do it again.  I swear I almost cried when I dropped the kids off this morning, knowing I wouldn't see them for two days.  It's hard for me to be away from them during an 8 hour work day let alone having to be gone for two nights, two bed-times, two smiling mornings.  This whole leaving your kids thing does not ever get easier the more you do it and this just solidifies one more thing...that I am NOT yet ready to leave my kids with anyone but Daddy. 

Thursday won't come fast enough for this sad Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment