Monday, May 7, 2012

busy weekend, bad week, GREAT weekend

Ok, so I have been a little absent lately.  We had a busy weekend that involved traveling to GF, catching up with good friends and Cayden and Harper getting to spend lots of quality time with cousins, grandparents and great-grandparents.  The kids did so great with the long car trip and everyone (including Nanny and Papa, I'm sure) slept very well at the end of it.

The week following our busy weekend...not so great!  Disrupting the kids' routine created a monster our of my sweet three year old.  He was escaping outside and running off into the neighbor's yards, laughing when anyone tried to discipline him and he had the worst tantrums he's thrown in a very, very long time.  Not only did he pull this stuff at home but he did it at daycare as well.  I would have to say that daycare may have even been worse because he was trying to hit another kid and even managed a retaliatory bite for the kid who had bit him.  Thankfully he managed to sleep an awful lot too.  Harper, on the other hand, developed a horrible cold.  This caused her to be as crabby and miserable as her brother. 

Fortunately, what goes down must come back up at some point (I know that's not how the saying really goes but it is true).  The kids and I had a fantastic weekend together.  Daddy had to work all weekend and then worked on planting trees after work so I got a lot of alone time with my babies.  We all got lots of rest, when shopping and played hard.  It made coming to work this morning difficult and the fact that I have to be in Atlanta for work the next three days almost unbearable.

Now that you're all caught up, I will leave you with our last weekend in review:


The kids made a few discoveries this weekend. Cayden found his tag reader and fell in LOVE with it.  He thinks it's the greatest "game" ever and that make me super happy.  Harper found her sunglasses and decided that she needed to wear them everywhere.  She's pretty hot stuff in her big glass (especially while walking through Mendards)!

No comments:

Post a Comment