Tuesday, July 9, 2013

summer has finally arrived

After what felt like the longest winter ever followed by the spring from hell, summer has finally made an appearance in ND.  We have had a few weeks of warm weather, little wind (for ND anyway) and lots of sunshine.  I don't care how many days this summer that I sweat just walking out the door of an air conditioned building or how many times my legs stick together while in the car, I am not going to complain because before we know it the ground will be covered in snow and we will be talking about wind-chill factor. 

Along with summer weather finally moving in comes long afternoons at the zoo, lots of time playing outside, dinner on the deck, picnics, parades and iced coffee from Starbucks.  To say that the kids and I have been busy would be a gross understatement.  Cayden has even decided that watering the flowers and washing the car are fun activities, not chores, which I am attributing 100% to the fact that both involve using the hose.  Happy Summer!!!






 









No comments:

Post a Comment