Friday, December 13, 2013

the most productive weekend EVER!

I may have started decorating for Christmas in early November (I had a bad few days and needed some twinkle lights to lift my mood...no judgement) but there have been many a holiday project left unfinished week after week.  Cookies were without frosting, lighted village was without it's usual fluffy, fake snow, Christmas cards hadn't even entered into my train of thought yet but all that changed this past weekend.  I finished my decorating, adding all the fluffy fake snow I wanted to my animated carolers and lighted village.  I not only finished designing our Christmas cards but got them ordered, picked up, stuffed and addressed.  I frosted cookies (OK, so not all of them but I am making some serious progress) and finished the rest of the items on my holiday baking list.  I even got presents wrapped without the kids seeing what any of them were.  More impressive than my crazy productivity that seems to be spilling into my week nights this week...the fact that all of Sunday while the hubby was at work both kids played nicely (alone and together) didn't fight and left me almost completely alone to get these things crossed off of my "To Do" list.  It was a Christmas miracle.  One that they have more than made up for the last three days, but it still happened and I have the frosted Christmas cookies to prove it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment